Logo

where to get a OMC repair book or have good video or instructions on Timing a 84 115hp evinrude

PIC_1325.jpgPIC_1324.jpgPIC_1323.jpg

I didn't get pic of the cork rings or the 2 other crank seals or the green seal

I also have the VRO2 pump

and I did get the complete rebuild kit. but I see they didn't give carb kits... so once I rebuild this
how do I know carbs not gummed up don't wanna try to start it and scrap the insides once I have the engine rebuilt is there any tricks?

ok so where does a hose hook up to it from where? as I not sure the photos I took a few years ago didn't show up all the details I see....
and here is the photo of 4 parts I know I don't use or doesn't seem to 2 crank shaft seals 2 corks and that cyan one... and since I have a VRO pump I don't use that right??

and does the vro pump oil side lubricate the 2 bearings and piston bearings then too?PIC_1326.jpg

ok so I don't use that fuel pump seal... and the 79 seahorse 115 doesn't have this port for recirculating ill try to find another engine that has it.. would you guys know what that those cork seals are for? and since its been a few years the engine has been sitting is there a way I can test those carbs so if it doesn't get fuel that it doesn't damage the pistons from cranking over since it wont be getting any oil?

hoping in weeks I get the new piston and cylinders bored out.. so I can re assemble this puppy

I think it attaches to the carburators I see same sized connector on the bottom of the carbs so maybe they oil the bearing from the carb then just don't seem to have those hoses but ill try to find info on it

Sorry but you are totally confused by how the lubrication works on these 2 stroke motors.----The fitting on the side of the block does not attach to the carburetors.---------Look up a diagram of hose routing in your 1984 factory manual.

I suggest you study and work very , very carefully on your first outboard rebuild !---------Judging by the questions and # of posts your rebuild may not last long.---Just my opinion , sorry.

I understand that this has already been asked, but I would like to ask again if anyone has any video instructions on how to restore this or similar motors. I have a manual, but it's a little hard to navigate, it's easier when you see the processes and can repeat them.

I don't know how you can navigate from a manual, I also get confused in books. When I read frankenstein for my essay the plot was just like a ball of thought, I discover more by example works than by book. So mostly by video or photo tutorials I try to do something to understand the processes until they are not clear in my head.

Back