but can only find Engine diagrams going
back to 1968.Would be nice to see exploded
view of engine with part numbers

Joe
I have to pull the power

Joe
I have to pull the powerhead to replace the
water pump.I'll need the powerhead to base
gasket for sure and I don't know what else.

George... That's probably

George... That's probably the only gasket you'll need.

Base gasket is 306205 which is superseded up to part number 313065.

Water pump kit is 391391.

"1968 Johnson 3hp

just wan

"1968 Johnson 3hp

just want to confirm that my kicker is AIR-COOLED. I am almost certain of this but of coarse want someone else to say "of coarse" just to ease my thoughts....also can give help on a rebuild of a 1980 j35el if needed, just finished and went 65 miles countinuously (saltwater washington sate) with no problems. thanks and good luck"

"Carlos.... Go back to the pre

"Carlos.... Go back to the previous page, click on "Start New Discussion" in the BLUE border, then insert your post. This will put your quesion under your own topic at the top of the list. As it stands, you're buried under George's post.

And.... your 1968 3hp Johnson is definitely NOT a air cooled engine."

I have a 1961 Johnson 5.5 HP m

I have a 1961 Johnson 5.5 HP model CD-18 with a broken gear shift. Don't know part number or even the correct name for the part. Broken part connects the shift lever to the rod that goes down to the propeller gear box. Any idea where I can find a replacement part?}}}}

"David..... Go back to the pre

"David..... Go back to the previous page, click on "Start New Discussion" in the BLUE border, then insert your post. This will put your quesion under your own topic at the top of the list. As it stands, you're buried under George's post."

Back