Logo

Where does bottom of boat and motor line up

"How do I know if the motor is

"How do I know if the motor is at the right hight? Here is a pic of my boat and motor. The green line represents the bottom of boat. Thanks, MIKE
220378.jpg
"

"I will the you that if you ar

"I will the you that if you are looking over the stern on plane the vent-plate should rise to the surface. If it is plowing under, that raise it up a notch, but that looks like a cat/toon tunnel. So it is probably fine. "

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
220428.jpg
The Bottom"">

Actually, the bottom of the boat is as I have marked it in red. From the lower picture it appears that the motor height is OK. From a performance standpoint the less motor in the water the less drag. For optimum performance one would experiment with different heights. This is most easily accomplished with a transom jack."

"So will raising or lower the

"So will raising or lower the motor just a couple inches make any noticeable difference. At the hight pictured, it seems to have drag with water splashing up. I raised it up about 1.5 inches and it possibly got better but hard to notice the difference. Sense it is CAT/TOON bottom style boat, is the bottom still considered where the red lines in the pic above? And how does the boat respond with the motor sitting deep in the water verses barely in the water. FYI I live an hour away from the closet place to test the boat. So all information is appreciated. Thanks, MIKE"

Back