Logo

what year motor is this johnson 30 hp?

out of nowhere,this motor is running like crap,the plugs were the gapless style."BUH",what is the correct plug I should be using,Also we changed the impeller last summer thanks to a few of the members here,and she peeing water again,stronglyand just warm like the lake water,but there is an area just below the shroud in the back center of the motor,that is spitting pretty darn hot water,to hot to touch.Motor idles fines but when you put it under load,she sputters than dies,and or runs great for a few seconds then sputters and dies,fuel pump??????.the hot water has me concerned.In idle,you can pull the throttle assembly and motor will rev to high rpm's just fine.So I assume this is not a carb issue!

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 38
so it seems I am wasting good money ,on an issue that is not the problem,put a brand new choke relay on,new carb kit this morning,she still dies out under full load,yet runs roughly at about half throttle,in neutral she purrs like a kitten,where do I turn to next,anyhelp out there.

compression on both cylinders were high about 118,spark is good jumped about what racerone suggested.Where do I go from here,looking to get to the bottom of this problem,before the snow falls,looks like I am gonna have to shell out the big bucks for a mechanic and rent a pontoon trailer,was really hoping to be able to fix the problem myself,anyone,know what the next couple of troubleshooting steps I need to do.

Back