Logo

What year is my Motor

ruggster

I actually have a lower unit t

I actually have a lower unit that was left at an apartment building I bought. There is what appears to be a model number on it. It reads 0C228650. Can someone tell me how to find out what it came off? Thanks All!

"By the serial number it is a

"By the serial number it is a lower unit from a 100/115 hp 4 cylinder. Probably a 1989 - the merc numbers don't always equate to an exact year but run through a "series". The merc part number for this unit will either be 1667- 9011J 7 or 1667- 9011J 10, depending whether it is a short or long shaft unit. Hope this helps"

"Thanks for the info. It does

"Thanks for the info. It does help. Would I be able to find a part number on this somewhere? If so, where would it be? Thanks"

"Unfortunately, merc doesn&#39

"Unfortunately, merc doesn't tend to stamp the part numbers on the individual parts, unlike OMC's. But the last part of the part number ie either J7 or J10 will only refer to the length of the shaft (if there is one with the unit). If it's just the lower unit itself, the numbers up to the "J" would be suffient to identify it. Hope this helps."

"i have a 100 hp 4 cyl and 1 o

"i have a 100 hp 4 cyl and 1 of the cyl is weak, can 1 cyl be overhauled or do i have to do all 4 i havent had the head off yet but was wondering what line of repair should i go with i would appreciate any advise thanks"

"Personally, I would do all 4

"Personally, I would do all 4 (and I'm sure you will get many differing opinions). My reason is as follows. If you only redo one, then it is working better/harder etc than the other 3 which could cause added stress to the other bearings etc causing them to prematurely fail. If they all start out at the same "quality" they should all wear together. Just my opinion though."

Back