Logo

What year is my Mariner

geekbyday

the metal plate on the side has this information and I need to purchase a prop but I don't know the year model;
675 L 3340

Attachments

• boatserial.jpg
    boatserial.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 45
Yamaha built (exclusively for Mercury) Mariner model - serial breaks down as follows:

675 - Yamaha model code 60AE
L - indicates long shaft (20") model
3340? - serial number (last digit obscured by the rivet) - makes this a 1976 model (in 77 and later models the serial had 6 digits - only had five in the first year of production).

The factory prop was most likely a 10 5/8" diameter/12" pitch 3 blade that was fairly standard on Mercs and Mariners in the 40 thru 60 horse range (old Merc part number 48-73134A40) or if running on a lighter boat a 10 1/4D 14P (merc part 48-73138A40 - again might be an old number but should cross ref) might be more appropriate.

Of course, those Merc numbers could also be cross ref'd to Michigan Wheel, Solas etc

awesome, that info is exactly what I needed..... wouldn't know where to find a manual cheap, would ya? needing an ignition schematic at the moment

Get ahold of a Seloc's "Mariner Outboard, 1 and 2 Cylinder, 1977-1989" manual (ya, I know yours is 76 but the 60 Mariner was mechanically identical through it's entire model run).

This site sells hard copies and download copies of Seloc's (have to check to see if they have both for your particular application) or numerous on-line places as well as many local marine places will stock it - also might find a used copy with a bit of looking around.

The hard copies go for about 35 bucks (new) and cover everything from minor maint all the way up to a complete rebuild (including diagrams and charts)...

Back