Logo

What year is my engine

jerry101

Contributing Member
"i have a 6 hsp outboard ,mode

"i have a 6 hsp outboard ,model # 6905e, serial #j0001151, can anybody tell me what year this is?
any ifo would be appreciated,thanks and have a nice day."

"o.k. thanks for the info,coul

"o.k. thanks for the info,could you also tell me what spark plugs it takes ,and how much compression it should have in each cylinder."

"i went to a boat dealer here

"i went to a boat dealer here in las vegas to get a new set of spark plugs for this motor ,and he looks the year of this motor on his computer and says it takes a L86c,and i tell him that the spark plugs in the motor now are L7734 and he says the L86c are what that motor is listed to take so which one is the right plug ? confused????? thanks and have a nice day....."

"Rather surprisingly Evinrude

"Rather surprisingly Evinrude list L78V but they are surface gap plugs. I think that must be a mistake.

Elsewhere I find QL77JC4 or QL86C.
Q indicates an inductively suppressd plug. If a suppressed plug is not required then L77JC4 or L86C will be suitable. (they should be gapped at 0.030" )

(I think you have misread L7734, maybe L77J4 which would now be superceded by L77JC4)

Compression figures are not specified but under 80 would be a bit low. Most important that both are similar"

Back