Logo

What sealant to use to seal a cork air silencer / cover gasket?

What do you mean what do I mean?

You use no sealant, gasket goo, nothing on the gasket that seals the front of the air silencer to the body of the silencer.

If you absolutely have to, just tack it on the cover side with a very few drops of 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive. A drop in each corner for example.
It will be a bitch to get off later, and that is the point. You don't want to use any sealant on a part that you will be dis-assembling often.

Don't put it on BOTH sides, as you will play hell cleaning it in the future, and you will be replacing that gasket next time you have the cover off.

What do you mean, what do I mean? If you absolutely have to, just tack it on the cover side with a very few drops of 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive. A drop in each corner for example...... Don't put it on BOTH sides, as you will play hell cleaning it in the future, and you will be replacing that gasket next time you have the cover off.

Ah-Ha!, so that's what you mean eh Dasel! I'm in full agreement with that statement. In my time at the workbench, somewhere in those thirty years plus, I did come across that very gasket that was sealed on both sides... hellava mess! I handed it to the customer to clean. :)

Back