Logo

what prop pitch? 1990 3.0 L

i have a 92 thompson with a 3.0L alpha one set up. when i pull i tuber i whip the tube around the boat usely wants to fall off a plane. i wanted to get a new prop. right now i have a 19 pitch prop. if i got down just 1 degree would i notice much of a difference or should i go down a couple degrees?

Thanks

Re: what prop pitch?

Try a 16" pitch. It will lower your top end but give you a good hole shot. And get a 4 blade. I just got one and its better than the 3 blade.

I have a 16 foot sea swirl with a 3.0.
I changed to a 4 blade 16 pitch from a 3 blade 19 pitch.
You will like the change. I bought mine from Pirahna props.
You could do 3 blade 17 pitch also, Check there web site.

Maybe the prop is not your problem ! Maybe it's the motor. Want to find out ?

Very simple we find out if the motor is operating as it should then we all together can come up with a solution for a good outcome in your case.

So lets begin : Beg, borrow, steal a compression gauge, one that screws into the sparkplug hole.

Put the throttle fully down remove all the plugs, and keep them in order, so you know what plug came out of what hole understand, mark them, tag them, do what you have to,so you know what plug came out of what hole.

Screw in the gauge and crank the motor till the gauge stops, say 5-6 times. Maybe less.

Write down the number, and what plug hole make a diagram if you have to, do each hole.

Read the plugs, heres how.

Spark Plugs

Post back we can go from there.

Or you can blow me off buy 50 props and still not have the boat do what you want it to do. Then i will know i wasted my time trying to help you.

It's your choice.

been there done that not enough motor my seedo will do the same thing! with a tube! but my 21' v-8 will not! i had a 3.0 before tried everything, try a smaller tube,i did that worked a little better. it will pull a skier fine? mine did.

Back