Logo

What Plugs for 2001 4.3GL

bnicov

I'm going to do a full tune up before the boat gets laid up for the winter and I am wondering what plugs to go with. AC Delco, NGK, or Champion?? I know the part number for Champion but not for Delco or NGK. Anyone have any opinions or experiences they would like to share???

I cross referenced NGK for plugs and there are 2 listings with 2 heat ranges. What would be the plug recommendation for my 4.3?? Which brand??

Yes, an opinion if I may!

Please don't take this the wrong way...... Forums are great, and this one is excellent, but this info should be thought of as supplimental to your OEM information/specs! It is always best to get this for yourself, and for YOUR exact engine model and from YOUR OEM manual.
You don't want to become accidentally steered in the wrong direction due to miscommunication and/or misinterpretation......, bla bla bla!
This does happen, and the person who pays the price, is always the guy on the receiving end!

If you do take a suggestion, best if from a person with experience, and who has the exact same model as you have.

BTW, given the choice between the two heat ranges, be careful..... let your usage help determine this.

Some have issues with Champions..... personally, I don't use them.

Last edited:
Back