Logo

Weber conversion

wrw

I would like to change my sole

I would like to change my solex carbs to the weber conversion kit. I would like to know if this is the way to go on my Volvo 250 4cyl? I have problems with getting complete rebuilt kits for the solex carbs.

"Check with these guys

[url

"Check with these guys

http://www.redlineweber.com/

they are best suited to answer your question. Mind you, since they sell the Weber carbs, their answer will likely be "yes" (but it is likely the correct answer for your problem).
wink.gif
"

I did a weber conversion to my

I did a weber conversion to my AQ-145A last summer and am very pleased with the results. The only issue was with the intake manifold which interfered with the thermostat housing. I removed about 1/8th inch of the mounting ear on the manifold with a file to clear the housing.

"Has anyone here done this con

"Has anyone here done this conversion to an AQ130C? If so, I'd be interested in what it cost and your experiences. Thanks."

"Bill, The conversion on my AQ

"Bill, The conversion on my AQ-145A, which is similar to your 130C was about 850$ total parts and shipping. I purchased the kit from a carb shop in Burbank, C-A Vasquez Ent. 818-845-9000
I could find the kit cheaper but this guy was very helpful and willing to answere any installation questions."

Thanks for the information I c

Thanks for the information I contacted Redline and waiting for the information and price.

I'm in the middle of changing over to a Weber from my weak Solex installation. I have to trim the intake manifold on the fwd bolt hole location,(which is simple enough)an 1/8th ". The Weber kit did not provide a rod end ball joint female 10/32 thread to screw on the throttle cable. There were some excellent photos someone on this site posted but, I'm unable to find them. I printed one but need the rest of them. It's worth the money because every year I had to tweak the Solex carbs,

I'm in the middle of changing over to a Weber from my weak Solex installation. I have to trim the intake manifold on the fwd bolt hole location,(which is simple enough)an 1/8th ". The Weber kit did not provide a rod end ball joint female 10/32 thread to screw on the throttle cable. There were some excellent photos someone on this site posted but, I'm unable to find them. I printed one but need the rest of them. It's worth the money because every year I had to tweak the Solex carbs,

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will forward them to you.

Hi Like you guys I am looking to convert my 2 AQ130c to use the Weber carbs, I also have problems keeping the Solex carbs in sync which gives bad starting and bad tick over. Has any one finished the retro fit yet? and were there any problems? and most off all was it worth it? Thanks and looking forward to your comments.

I bought a used weber conversion kit on ebay for my aq125a last summer. I just now got around to installing it. bolted right up, no real issues so far except the linkage on the carb is currently set up for horizional motion and my throttle cable is set up for vertical. I have a few ideas on how I can make it work and I'll get back on it soon. I couldnt resist starting it in the driveway just to see if it started easier than the old solex. HUGE Night and day difference in cold starting! It now fires right up and the choke works beautifully. The old solex was so cold blooded that I had to punch the throttle constantly for about 5 min before it would heat up and idle right. it also seems to idle up very smoothly. I cant wait to get it hooked up and get ready for the sea trials.

Does anyone have pictures of their throttle linkage setup on their conversion? That might be helpful. Thanks!

Ken

Re: I would like to change my sole

Is there an intake available for this? You have the OHC engine, right? There was a Webber conversion for the old OHV engines...I put on on my Volvo 1800E. If you can find an intake for a 2V carb I'd put a Rochester 2-Jet or the Holley 2V that replaced it...I have one of those carbs on a 3.0 liter GM engine. Chances are the Webber carb that comes with the "conversion" isn't marine legal...I'd check that before shelling out for it.

Re: I would like to change my sole

Chances are the Webber carb that comes with the "conversion" isn't marine legal...I'd check that before shelling out for it.

Wrong, they are marine legal. I did the swap on my 230 and ensured the set-up was marine legal before doing it.

I will try and post some pictures in the next couple of days.

Have a great day

Rob.

The kit I bought was for a marine and did come with the intake manifold and webber 2bbl. I know i can fabricate a throttle cable bracket ... I was just hoping someone has made one and/or could show me how they did it. Thanks!

Ken

Back