Logo

Water Seals between impeller housing and extension case

Oldtooner

Greetings all, I am new to the forum and need some help please. I recently bought a used BF75AW LRTA. When I changed out the impeller, I noticed that 2 seals were missing: #15 19253-ZW1-B01 and #11 19253-ZW1-003 as shown in the diagram. I ordered both parts. The small rubber seal attaches to the impeller housing outlet hole. The #11 part is a plastic cylinder about 1 3/4 inches long with a 1 1/8 inch diameter. It goes above the rubber seal. It looks like the plastic cylinder should attach into the extension case above the rubber seal. The inside of the cylinder has a rubber lining with grooves to hold it onto whatever it attaches to. Each end is slightly different. I need to know which end it up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• Gear Case Assembly.JPG
    Gear Case Assembly.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 22
I don't have the service manual in front of me, but when I did my BF90A, the two sides of the sleeve ere different. The side with the larger lead in is the one which goes on the stainless pipe in the mid section.

The first time I put mine together the water pump was so tight I could not spin the input shaft by hand. After nearly packing the impeller housing full of the Quicksilver teflon grease, I could spin it with one hand easily. Just something to look into instead of taking i apart a second time.

Back