Logo

Water leaking from exhaust y

"I notice that i get small amo

"I notice that i get small amounts of water in my bilge, (less than 1 litre day). I cant find the source and was going to replace the o-ring in my exhaust y. However when my boat was surveyed i told the guy about my plans and he figured that was not the problem because i was not getting exhaust into my engine room. Any one confirm or not.
thanks"

"well last night the boat sat

"well last night the boat sat in the marina for the first time. I soaked up all the water in the bilge with a sponge yesterday, and 24 hours later 2 table spoons , (probably residual from cleaning engine and bildge before launchining). I re-sealed around all transom hardware,eg. trim hoses, transducer cable, swim grid bolts. Maybe the surveyor was right.
i will update if water begins to appear."

I have the same problem. I bel

I have the same problem. I believe my rubber seal seeps a little which most probably do. I wouldn't worry. I typically get a quart rollin around down there. Not enough to engage the pump.

"I looked around the transom a

"I looked around the transom and found that i had a loose clamp on my water tube that runs through the transom plate, for the cooling system.
thanks for the help"

Back