Logo

water in cylinders

captjimjr

had heads and intake sent out to be checked after leaving sea choke closed for a time ( after alarm went off noticed port engine at 200 degrees) and finding water in all but #1 cylinder, they checked out good reinstalled ran for 20 mins. or so and died. now have water in right side cylinders, removed exhaust and held pressure what else am i missing

Hi, I would bet that your exhaust manifold log is leaking. I am looking for a exhaust log right now. My customer had heads done and intake inspected and tested. All put back together[not by me] engine ran but rough and got hot. Also was no more coolant in the resovior so he filled resovior he topped it off. i got the call 5hrs later and by then the engine would not turn over. I pulled plugs and all 8 had water/coolant. he used water to fill resovior becuz thats all he had. all 8 poured out water/coolant. Im a mechanic and have not seen ALL 8 filled like that. I pulled the exhaust manifolds off a few inches so I could see manifold ports and head exhaust ports. I filled resovior and coolant poured out off the exhaust manifold port side. btw closed cooling system. big crack in the manifold. you may have a crack that is openning when heat expands..thats my 2 cents

ps do a leakdown test. after rereading ur post. or disconnect hoses fom exhaust manifold logs and connect hoses with a coupling to create a loop for each side. run the engine for 5 mins only cuz the exhaust is gonna get real hot real fast. Then check for water in cyls. That way you have eliminated the exhaust as a possible cause of water intrusion.

ps do a leakdown test. after rereading ur post. or disconnect hoses fom exhaust manifold logs and connect hoses with a coupling to create a loop for each side. run the engine for 5 mins only cuz the exhaust is gonna get real hot real fast. Then check for water in cyls. That way you have eliminated the exhaust as a possible cause of water intrusion.

i have center dump risers on my exhausts which hoses are you coupling the big ones off the risers or the smaller ones going to the thermastate housing,the exhaust arent the log type,1988 360`s thanks

i have center dump risers on my exhausts which hoses are you coupling the big ones off the risers or the smaller ones going to the thermastate housing,the exhaust arent the log type,1988 360`s thanks

my problem ended up being inner membrane hose failure causing blockage and water backing up in manifold and heads check hoses off riser!!!!

Back