Logo

Water from the wrong spot

carp44

1997 tracker force 120. So, from the tell tell/pee hole a hose runs up to a square part. First what is that called? Second, water will come through the pee hole with high rpm but at idle water comes through a second spot on that square piece. Thanks for any help!

D694E520-5194-404E-AD87-ABCF7A10752D.jpeg
This may help more. The circle on number one goes to the tell tell but water only come out with higher RPM. Circle number two I have capped off when testing it, but this is on the same part and is where a strong stream of hot water comes when running the motor. All of the other similar motor I have seen did not have the number 2 circle

View attachment 29738
This may help more. The circle on number one goes to the tell tell but water only come out with higher RPM. Circle number two I have capped off when testing it, but this is on the same part and is where a strong stream of hot water comes when running the motor. All of the other similar motor I have seen did not have the number 2

In other words the pressure gauge would be no different then the plug that is in the hose now.----And the square part is the thermostat housing.-----If this motor is a recent purchase you need to install a new water pump impeller.----And test the overheat horn.

Back