Logo

Water flow from out drive

jdcavanee

I have a 1995 merc and had a o

I have a 1995 merc and had a over heating problen relpaced everything.
so I get it all together I hooked up the micky ears to the outdrive and just for my comfort I pulled the hose from the seawater pump to make sure it has water coming in... no
when I put pressure on the ears and force it into the hose I get water from it but if im not forcing it in no water.
I hooked a hose up from the other end "from the pump" the water flows great.
Should i be concerned?
after evything I have done I don't want to risk it.
thanks

"Water pump in the lower unit

"Water pump in the lower unit , really shouldnt move that easily in both directions.what type of outdrive?"

"Agree with Bt Doctur. Ading m

"Agree with Bt Doctur. Ading more pressure to the ears should not make any difference to water flow in the engine. If the impeller is installed correctly, and is the correct impeller, you should not be able to force water past it with a garden hose. Was the original impeller damaged when you removed it? It sounds like you may have a water blockage somewhere else."

Yes the impeler was toast when

Yes the impeler was toast when I pulled it out
Funny thing is I pulled the hose off of the sea water pump and back flush with a hose it flows freely in the othe direction.
But when I hook up the muffs I need to apply preside to get water to flow
Thanks for the input

"Is this by chance a engine mo

"Is this by chance a engine mounted raw water pump, like a Bravo?
Did you reverse the inlet/outlet hoses?"

"Ya I checked that I called th

"Ya I checked that I called the dealer and they said I needed a merc muffs I'll try that
Please let me know if you have any more input
Jason
"

There square for the bravo. H

There square for the bravo. Had a customer ruin a brand new impeller that way. Look at where the pump actually is and where the muffs are supplying the water.You may need to SECURELY FASTEN them tightly to the lower unit in order to get the water up to the pump inlet and not have the pump sucking air

Back