Logo

Wanted - 1985-88 115HP I6 Mercury/Mariner in excellent condition near VA

bsedwebt

Looking for a 1985-88 fresh water 115hp inline 6 Mercury in excellent condition 20" shaft somewhere near central Virginia. Will need controls and prop too. This is for an antique boat I am building. I currently have a 1958 Mercury Mark78 I plan to use a few cosmetic parts to make the newer engine look older if anyone needs parts for an old dockbuster - it is complete at this time but has no controls.

Thanks - I am aware there are huge differences between the 1958 and 1988 - I was hoping to use the top, front and side cowlings but have since found that the wrap is going to be 5 inches too short, the top will be too small BUT I am hoping to modify the front solid cast aluminum cowling to fit on the newer top cowling and side wrap. I plan to chrome the 1988 wrap and paint the 1988 top cowling and rest of the motor cloud white. Still looking for a really good inline 6 to start with. This is an expensive long time build that I am trying to do right.

Lots of them in my area.------Southern Ontario.---Canada.------One dealer throwing them in the scrap bin.-----Not worth repairing or seeing what simple things might be wrong !!

Back