Logo

Vro and fuel separator delete 2001 johnson 90hp

sbj59

Been trying to find information on deleting the whole entire system. VRO and fuel separator removal? Is there anybody tried this know how to do it two thousand one johnson ninety horsepower

I changed it to a regular fuel pump long time ago my main concern is. The fuel separator the vacuum lines or anything that goes to that. If anybody would have any information

Fuel system totally different on a 60° motor. You really need to let it be as carbs are fed thru throttle body, not thru a line and nipple like other carbs.

Fuel system totally different on a 60° motor. You really need to let it be as carbs are fed thru throttle body, not thru a line and nipple like other carbs.
The fuel separator. Top is warped causing it to starve for fuel figured I would do away with it they are hard to fine

Let me ask this do I need the separator to supply fuel or can I run my fuel lines to the fuel rail that plugs into the side of the carburetors?

Vapor locking?
Vapor lock occurs when liquid fuel turns to gas (vapor) before it gets to the carburetor or fuel rail. This is a problem because pumps designed for liquid do not pump vapor very well.

Common symptoms:

Loss of fuel pressure (and flow)
Loss of power
Stalling
No start

Most vapor lock situations are caused by heat.

I remember driving my 1940 Plymouth in a parade.----Hot day .-----Slow travel.-----Engine quit , suspected vapor lock.-----People pushed the car off the main street and said " can we help "-----My reply was " One gallon of cold water "--------Poured it over the fuel pump and rejoined the parade.

I don't have no vapor lock problem actually the motor runs decent it's just started Running out of fuel and I found that my separator top is leaking all. I want to do is take the whole system off if I can but undoubtedly. It seems nobody and I mean nobody has ever done this or they are not understanding. What I am asking my motor runs decent up until the last couple weeks. The separator cap is leaking. I would like to take the whole systemnot fix it not do nothing else take it off

Back