Logo

VP SX drive wonbt engage forward just reverse

drkltsjc

"Hi!! new on the site, just wo

"Hi!! new on the site, just wondering if I can ask some of you more experienced boat enthusiasts for a bit of advice. I have a 1996 Regal 222 Valanti SC with (not sure if it's the GL or GI) 5.0 (302cu.in. equivilant I do know)anyway I was out on the water and shifting from forward to reverse was a little difficult initially, but was able to go. Short while later after engaging into reverse I could not engage back into forward and the resistance was greater now and could hear some squealing as i increased throttle in forward but the prop never started spinning. I inherited this boat and to my knowledge has never had any major drive service of any kind. So the jist of my problem is, forward control will go forward but does not engage drive and instead squeals, reverse will engage with moderate resistance and a little chunking. I will most likely need to have repaired by proffessional and would really like to just get an idea of the expense and nature of the problem since I am not real familiar with the workings of everything yet. I am mechanically incline and do a lot of my own repair work on my vehicles but I fear this is out of my league. If anyone can help I would be grateful for the advice, info, or really anything at this point. Thanks"

Back