Logo

Volvo Penta wonbt start

eurogirl56

"We just bought a 1998 Four Wi

"We just bought a 1998 Four Winns Horizon with a Volvo Penta 8 cylinder engine. Ran wonderful in the test drive, loved the boat so we bought it. 250 hours on the engine. We launched the boat memorial day, husband started it and she took off like a rocket. I didn't go home immediately, so not sure how long he had it out but not long, 15 minutes at the most. Put it in the hoist and two hours later we went to take it out for a ride - - - Nothing. Turn the key, and only a beep noise. Tilt works, battery is getting power to the tilt on the engine. My husband thought maybe the throttle wasn't registering in neutral so he checked to make sure the prop could turn and it does. He assumes that means it's in neutral. Checked electricity to the safety lanyard and it's good. What next? Some places suggest going to the nuetral switch but we are not sure where it is? Any help or suggestions will be appreciated"

"I had a simliar problem with

"I had a simliar problem with my boat. It ran fine, beached it, went to turn it on and nothing but a simple click when I turned the key. Although some things had power, the starter did not. One of the grounds had shaken loose (on the bottom of the engine, where I could not see it), and it needed to be reconnected. Took me weeks to find the problem. :p"

Back