Logo

voltage problems on igntion loom vovlo penta 4.3 gl 430b v6 1994

mcw

Contributing Member
Please hhheeellllllpppppp

It has been a while since this last post. but i have a weird problem and not sure what is going on

battery voltage is 12.63 volts, when ignition is turned to 1 pos dials come on and fuel pump the voltage drops to 10.92, discounted pump and still no fault improvement.

ive removed all the purple loom to dash board, traced the purple way back to the main loon connector to the coil.No shorts.

so My fault ????

The purple wire from the start switch when at position 1 has 12.63 volts and all connection from that wire that are jumped up to the dials via legs(dials not connected yet) also have 12.63. reconnected all dials and gauges inc volt dial and all show 12.63v. But as soon as i connected the last purple wire that travels down the boat to the coil and relay the the voltage drops to 10v and all dials then have 10v not 12.63.

if i monitor the battery with a meter the voltage stays at 12.63, but the voltage to the loom as above is 10v

is this right and secondly i would like to see on the volt gauge a correct battery voltage state, how can i get 12+ volts to the gauges and keep 12+continuous.

i have a circuit in my other tread posted earlier about 4 replies down

Back