Logo

V4 120 cooling system scheme

"When water is pumped from the

"When water is pumped from the impeller through the water tube to the adaptor housing and to the block, does the Pump pressure hold the water in the block? With the motor off, is the water supposed to drain back out of the block and adapter housing, through the exhaust housing at the front where the shift rod goes through? Or does the water tube grommet need to be replaced?
Does it normally drain back slowly through small holes in the lower unit? Should the block and impellor be primed through the thermostat covers before starting up the motor, or will the pump fill the block and heads from the flushing hose?"

Hi I have just Striped down my

Hi I have just Striped down my 1992 120 because of over heating it seemed to me low water pressure.
I found there is a small 1/8 hole drilled in the bottom of the power head.
Why IT's there beat me.
I would like to talk to the designer to find out.

I have never got my 120 to run on the flushing hose I always have to use a 3 foot deep tank
with the foot on the bottom.

"A sign the impeller is workin

"A sign the impeller is working? With the flushing hose connected and adding water through the thermostat covers, then running the motor causes the water to flow out of the heads. Right?
Normally how much time is needed for the impeller by itself to pump water to the thermostats?"

Back