Logo

Upper cowl not fitting on lower cowl 1989? Johnson 110

chub

The pictures show the gaps in the cowl that I can’t get to seat properly, a little back story, recently purchased was told it was a 90hp, turns out it’s a late 1980’s 110, the cowl I got with it is off a 1992 90hp, Is the cowl from a 86-89 110hp different than a 1989 90hp? Trying to figure out if I have wrong cover or bent lower cowl? The casting number on lower cowling is 336487, which I’ve been trying to cross reference but coming up with nothing any info would be helpful. Thanks in advanceIMG_3628.jpegIMG_3629.jpegIMG_3632.jpeg

It should fit.----Unless the lower cowl is distorted.----Or the seal for the cowling was replaced with aftermarket stuff.

I still don’t know exactly what this motor is, now I’m reading it may be a 115, I pulled plug wire off trying to fit and still no luck, it feels snug even going over the powerhead is that normal? This is my first johnson

The 88 / 90 / 110 / 115 HP motors all used the same basic powerheads and cowlings from about 1980 to 1998.-----Something simple is wrong here.

The cowl has what looks like sound deadening foam, looks factory, the alignment pins seem to be off a bit from upper to lower cowling

Figured it out, the lower cowl was bent, had to cut the lip off on back corner , taped the upper cowl installed and used the hood as 1 side of mold and fiberglassed in a new lip

Back