Logo

Upgrading HP

Minnboy

1) Is the true? Someone told me that it's possible to upgrade a 2020 25 HP Tohatsu to become a 30 HP. Did I hear that correctly and if so, how? Will it ruin the engine?

2) Is anyone interfacing their 25 HP with a chartplotter such as a Lawerance Elite to get engine data to display on the screen? If so, I image it is done over a NEMA 2000 network. Wondering if if Tohatsu can talk to a Lowrance.

3) Any SS prop recommendations for a 25HP out there?

You would need the ECU for N mfs30, so not economical. The motors are identical except for the ECU.

DIAGNOSTIC KIT - 25/30 EFI 4-STROKE​

a

Description

This diagnostic kit is invaluable for troubleshooting the 25/30hp EFI models. Install the software (available on TACDirect under Documents/Forms) to your computer and connect it to the engine using the supplied cable. Functions include the ability to view engine data (such as trouble codes) stored in the ECU, hours of usage, and real-time running specifications. You can even perform engine diagnostic tests in real-time.

Kit includes interface module & wire harness. A serial-to-USB adapter is needed for computers that do not have a serial port. Serial-USB adapter sold separately (part number 99998RS232).
Software is available on TACDirect under Documents/Forms

Part #: 3AC729205M
List Price (MSRP): $341.25

Back