Logo

Trouble with 1999 150 Merc EFI

tyler

I am having a heck of a time w

I am having a heck of a time with the oil injection on my 150 and I would like to take it off and go to premixing. 1st question is if I do that will it effect the performance of the motor? 2nd question is just what all do you need to do to bypass the oil injection?

Any help certainly would be appreciated.

"Tyler,

The oil pump on you

"Tyler,

The oil pump on your engine feeds oil into the fuel line before the fuel enters the primary pump; it does not inject the oil into the crank or manifold. You can simply disconnect the oil feed line and plug the hose barb, or remove the elbow from the pump and replace it with a plug.

As for performance, it will probably not change noticeably, but you will not have a varying oil/fuel ratio. This will cause you to use more oil, and may tend to foul plugs sooner. You might notice more exhaust smoke at low rpms.

Tony"

Thanks for the info. One other

Thanks for the info. One other question. Do you know how to disable the oil injection alarm so I can stop the continous beeping?

Thanks again.

"Tyler,

The alarm module is

"Tyler,

The alarm module is powered by a blue (I think) wire. If you disconnect it the alarm will stop, but the alarm module also warns of overheating. You might want to install a temp gauge if you do not have one already.

Tony"

Back