Logo

Trollmaster help please!

essibcy

Hello all, I bought a used 2001 mercury 9.9 4 stroke to use as a Kicker motor. The previous owner inherited it from his grandfather and didn't know much about it. The motor has no tiller, no external buttons for start, choke, no pull rope either. I did receive the cable control module that has the usual features, key, push choke, forward/ reverse handle of course. It's all hardwired with the round 7 conductor male/ female plug for this motor. ( See pics ). I really don't want to add a second control but I'm thinking that might be the easiest without getting in over my head. My ultimate goal is to run the trollmaster pro angler setup, using the remote for throttle and steering with the Panther unit. My question is, can I only connect the shift cable so I have my forward/ reverse/neutral functions and then let the trollmaster system take over for steering and throttle? Isn't the shifter tied to the throttle inside through linkage? Any insight is appreciated! Going to have to resize my pics and add later hopefully. I do know that the po ran it remotely with the trollmaster pro 3 earlier system as I received the remote and the engine has the servo bracket still mounted under the cowling near the manifold, but no servo or other required was provided to me. Thanks again!

Back