Logo

Triton V8 converted to an inboard

willieo

I have a 27' Silverton wit

I have a 27' Silverton with a 318 chrysler in it.
Has anyone ever heard of or seen someone install say a V8 triton out of a work van. Sounds out there I know but I have a triton V10 in my work truck and its amazingly dependale even at 225k miles.
The reason I ask is I can by my neighbors van which is a 2005 with 40k miles on it and my boat can use the extra HP since its single screw
Thanks.
PS I have a serious Lathe and a milling machine at my shop

"Sounds like an interesting pr

"Sounds like an interesting project. I can't say I've ever heard of one being marinized. No reason it couldn't be done. The 'hard' part will be to get the exhaust manifolds created. You'll have to put a FWC system on it as the aluminum isn't likely to survive a raw water system. Getting the alternator 'marinized shouldn't be hard but may not be cheap. The coilpack style of ignition should be ok - I haven't seen the triton version of the COP; they be be ok, too. The "computer" will be a bit tricky as I can't say I've every seen an O2 sensorless version for a ford product. They may be out there, I've just never run across one. I suspect Ford doesn't have an interest in the marine market anymore as I haven't seen any of their newer products inside newer hulls. Check with your local hot rod shop and see if they have any Ford-compatible racing ECU's. If so, check wit the MFGs and see if they can mod the code for a marine setup.

Good luck and let us know how it goes."

"You can also chat with the gu

"You can also chat with the guys that do Marine Fuel injection setups, but going from a 318 chrylser to a ford, you'll need a different transmission too.. ( but that's probably the easy part )"

Back