Logo

Torque spec for headbolts

tieren4

"hello,
was wondering what t

"hello,
was wondering what the sequence and torque spec for the head on a 4 cylinder 50 hp carb outboard, not sure on year say mid to late 90's 4 stroke. also were is the thermostat located? is it a bear to change?"

"Tieren, if you have the age a

"Tieren, if you have the age about right and it's a 4 stroke, the following will provide you with the torque sequence. Of course you will have to adjust the valves as well after the head is back on.

The thermostat is easy to get at, just two bolts hold the cover on it (top of the exhaust cover - up and to the right of the oil filter)...

191323.jpg
"

"that looks like what i got. t

"that looks like what i got. thank you very much. could you also post the valve specs? im not working with a service book bout have done alot of head jobs before.

thanks,
T"

"oh one more thing i was think

"oh one more thing i was thinking of, what is the tolerance for warpage in the head/block. i did it today with and flat bar and feeler gauge at .010" seemed ok i just hope i dont need to buy a head.
thanks again,
T"

"Click my name to the left and

"Click my name to the left and send me an email with your motor as the subject - I'll send you the whole shebang in pdf format - will save you some time (and me some typing)
"

Back