Logo

Torque question

If I ever get the fly wheel off my 1969 18 horse Evinrude. I will need the proper fly wheel nut torque. Does any one have that.? The model number is18902d thank you in advance.

Never smack a puller with a hammer!!You can snap the crankshaft dowel locating pin/s and fracture the lower ceramic seal...

Well, I have the puller cranked down as hard as I can. I ran ropes through the puller and lifted the motor, boat and trailer off the ground. I also put penetrating oil on the shaft. I belted the big screw with a hammer and the flywheel is still tight. I have never had a flywheel that was this tough to get to pop. Thanks for all your help.

Fast----- the crankshaft moves freely though the bearings that are doweled in place.---The bearing with dowels are not thrust bearings for the crankshaft !!--No way that will break the dowels for those bearings !

Last edited:
That I know ...was taught in OMC school(Morrow ,GA) that on the smaller motors that is is possible to break the dowels, whether it can or cant I never hit one with hammer..

Back