Logo

Too much fuel psi?

Theduder

Hey all,
This one has me scratchin my head. 2009 Merc 60 hp EFI. Fuel pressure( harbor freight gauge) says 45 psi… boat runs like an ass. Full throttle yields nothing but bogging and a backfire. I put my test light in each cylinder this afternoon. I’m getting good spark. Also, I figured this out today, when I get the boat running and high idle, it’s vibrating, and sounds like it has a misfire, if I reach up and push in on the Schrader valve and release fuel pressure, the RPMs skyrocket. So in essence in my leaning it out when I release fuel pressure or I got something else going on new low pressure, new high-pressure, fuel pump, new spark plugs the boat sat for two years. My father-in-law had his leg amputated and wanted me to get the boat running. No pressure on me lol and I don’t want to keep throwing parts at it. Nobody ever speaks of intake service on these things? Is that a thing?

By releasing pressure you lean the injectors, pull them and have professionally cleaned and flowed(Brucato). Sounds like they are flooding

By releasing pressure you lean the injectors, pull them and have professionally cleaned and flowed(Brucato). Sounds like they are flooding
I appreciate it, so none of that points towards intake cleanliness, correct? I pulled the injectors and cleaned them the other day and put them back in the boat boat, ran the same,like crap.

What does the father in laws leg have to do with anything?

Fuel pressure seems to high. What does your service manual say?

Fuel pressure will be at its highest just when the key is first turned on. Motor not running.

Fuel pressure will drop when the motor is started and running at an idle. As the throttle is opened up the fuel pressure will go up. Throttle down the fuel pressure will go down.

Sorry but fuel pressure is constant due to high pressure pump and pressure regulator, and pressure is in spec's
1688809475192.png

Whoa, my father-in-law’s leg exactly has to do with the fact that the boat got dropped in my lap as he can no longer work on it. Also, thoroughly cleaned the injectors, boat is running tiptop, ass.

This winter pull em out and send off and cleaned, flow tested and balanced. You will notice a different in how it performs

Sorry but fuel pressure is constant due to high pressure pump and pressure regulator, and pressure is in spec's
View attachment 30649

View attachment 30649
Is that from the service manual? Have you read the part in the service manual where it refers to testing the fuel pressure regulator?

Have you verified that the hose from the pressure regulator to the intake manifold is connected?

Back