Logo

Tohatsu M30A3 pilot jet capped off!?

lennard

Hello everyone,

I have this new-to-me 30hp Tohatsu. It runs well but when I initially got it I gave it a light service and cleaned out the carburetor. While having that apart I noticed that there is a black rubber plug over the pilot jet tube and now I am wondering why that might be, if that is stock and if there might be some benefit in taking that plug out. The way I see it the only difference that would make is making it a bit easier to dial in idle mixture, but maybe you guys have some ideas on this?!

Kind regards,
Lennard

I have the exact same problem. Everything has been replaced that can be replaced with cooling system. Flushed intake and all cooling lines. Anyone have any ideas?

I have the exact same problem. Everything has been replaced that can be replaced with cooling system. Flushed intake and all cooling lines. Anyone have any ideas?
I’d suggest you start your own thread, the OP was asking a question about the fuel system, it sounds like your dealing with a overheating issue. Give as much detail as you can, year, horsepower, engine hours, maintenance done and of course what is your issue. The more details you provide the better the chance of getting advice.

Back