Logo

Tlrz 2001 130 Oil Injection Pump Setting

goodforbrains

Hi! I have a 2001 tlrz 130. I just replaced the oil injection pump and all of the oil injection lines. Also replaced the adjustable link joint. I am trying to set the injection pump to spec and I think the factory manual explains this procedure pretty poorly. I am looking for some guru knowledge here! The manual states to disconnect the oil pump rod and fully close the throttle valves. Move oil pump lever fully closed against the stop. Adjust the link rod until the link joint hole aligns with the set pin on the lever. Pop the link joint on, tighten lock nut and put the washer and retaining clip back on. Ok, this is easy enough right? So now we know what the NO (closed) throttle setting is, but how about the FULL (WOT) throttle setting? When I advance my throttle to Wide Open, my injection pump doesn't hit the fully open stop. The lever is about 3/4th the way to the fully open stop. I'm thinking the lever should hit the fully open stop when the throttle is advanced to fully on. Other Yamaha service manuals (2006 200 HDPI) say that the injection pump lever should hit the fully open stop at WOT. So what gives with my manual and procedure? The only reference to the fully open oil pump lever is when you pop the rod off to do the volumetric test. It wants you to do the volumetric test with the oil pump lever fully open, but makes no mention of the required position of the pump lever at WOT for normal operating conditions. I just purchased my manual from this website in the summer, so I'm pretty sure that it is the correct one #lit-18616-02-03 So if any of you experienced people could give me any insight here, I would be very grateful! Thanks a lot and Happy New Year! Brian

Different models have different pumps and different procedures. What applies to one model does not necessarily apply to a different model.

Different models have different pumps and different procedures. What applies to one model does not necessarily apply to a different model.
I know that, but, I'm just trying to be sure I don't under oil at higher rpms. Just looking for someone that knows this motor and could help me understand the manual's set procedure, or how theirs is set. Thanks

so the oil link rod is connected to the carb buterfly's...correct?? as the butterflies open, so does the oil pump..... so you might want to make sure that your carb butterflies are advancing all the way open. they should go all the way horizontally...

I have my 90 set where WOT is at full stop on the oil pump. at idle it is almost full closed as well. Figured I would rather over-oil than under-oil.

Yes. Carbs are fully open at WOT. There is a plastic lever that attaches to the carb butterfly shaft. Rod link attaches to that, then to oil pump. That plastic lever is held in with a roll pin and there is some slop in it. If I advance to WOT and push on that little plastic lever, the injection pump just about hits the full on stop. That lever should deff be made out of metal with a set screw. Also maybe the link rod is bent. All of that stuff is cheap and in stock. I'm just going to order it all and start from a fresh canvas. The previous owner replaced one of the carbs for some reason, so who knows what is what on it.
so the oil link rod is connected to the carb buterfly's...correct?? as the butterflies open, so does the oil pump..... so you might want to make sure that your carb butterflies are advancing all the way open. they should go all the way horizontally...

I have my 90 set where WOT is at full stop on the oil pump. at idle it is almost full closed as well. Figured I would rather over-oil than under-oil.

Back