Logo

Tilt and Trim problem

Lloyd Tucker

My trim will go down but not up. I replaced trim motor and relay . I’m not getting 12 volt to my up (blue) wire. Is my new relay bad? Is my battery giving it enuff juice? Do I have it wired wrong?

any help please

C85trll Yamaha 85 hp

If it’s going down safe to assume the issue isn’t the battery, but still worth the minute it takes to check battery volts. Does the engine raise when using the switch on the engine? If so then possible the contact points inside the throttle level trim switch is burnt. Disassemble and clean the points.

If it’s going down safe to assume the issue isn’t the battery, but still worth the minute it takes to check battery volts. Does the engine raise when using the switch on the engine? If so then possible the contact points inside the throttle level trim switch is burnt. Disassemble and clean the points.

I checked the battery it reads 12.4 volts. Engine switch and throttle switch both are good. My relay is clicking but no fire on the up wire.

Why was the trim motor and the relay replaced? Did the problem start after the replacement or before the replacement?

When you refer to the blue wire are you talking about the blue wire to the trim motor or the blue wire to the relay?

Please confirm the model identity.

Last edited:
Back