Logo

Thread: 1978 Evinrude 35HP (35802R) synchronization

spennyman

Hello eveyone ive been trying to wrap my head around this just cant get it figured out. i looked in manual found my code for 35802R it was C4. So i looked into the steps for C ill do steps 1 & 2 also C5 per note 3.....

I made the alligator clip like in C2. I attached that to the throttle shaft on the carb, move throttle till i just see the wire move..
From here i just cant figure out what to adjust. I see the mark on the cam when i see the throttle shaft just begin to move it is no where near that mark... Do i move the cam to meet with the roller or the roller to meet with cam. i just dont see the adjustments.

Thanks every one

1.jpg
4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg

I believe you loosen the screw on the throttle butterfly lever line the cam mark up center of the roller and tighten the clamp as you push the roller to the cam. then check it works correct. see C-7

I do get that, but that only moves in and out. what boggles me when i place the alligator clip on and move the trottle till i seee it just start to move the roller is to the right of the cam mark... and i can just adjust the roller in and out??

thanks got it running great now was alott easier to set then i made it out to be. going to have to start new thread now very hard to start when it is all warmed up.

Back