Logo

Thermostatdo i have one

david_r

Advanced Contributor
"115tl79r i feal kinda dumb as

"115tl79r i feal kinda dumb asking this question but do i have a thermostat and where is it so i can replace it? i also have two other small outboards '64 18hp evinrude 18402d, '72 9.8 merc would they have one too? never had a heating prob and dont want one.just maybe a little preventive maintanence. thanks for the help!"

"they all have therm's.may

"they all have therm's.maybe w/the exception of the merc,and i cant rem,..but,fairly sure it does too...i think there were some yrs or models of sm mercs,that did not,use one."

"can you give me an idea where

"can you give me an idea where to look? thanks for the help! you know i cant thank all of you enough. especially jwb and joe ,dont mean to leave any one out but you guys are great i dont think many people understand how much this info is worth, until they find out how much a shop will charge to fix it. thanks guys"

The engine has two thermostats

The engine has two thermostats along with two bypass valve assemblies. They are contained in the housing that is on the other end of the hoses that attach to the lower portion of the cylinder heads.

"Speak for yourself David Thom

"Speak for yourself David Thompson, I'm 76 today and not all of us do (grin)."

Back