Logo

Thermostat

What temperature thermostat sh

What temperature thermostat should be in an AQ125B? They sell them on this site but i really dont care to spend that much money when i can go to autozone and get one for 6 bucks..

I have a 1997 Evinrude Ocean

I have a 1997 Evinrude Ocean Pro that bogs down on take off and dies. I just had the power pack replaced and the mechanic said my motor had been running on 5 cylinders and something about a bad coil. My motor is still boggind down and dying. I have since talked to another mechanic who says my water pump is going out and is not pumping enough water to the motor causing the motor to heat up and causing the heat sensor to shut the engine down. he then did some thing to my thermostats (removed Something) so more water could get to the engine but the problem persists. After he did this my water pressure gauge does not register the same as it did prior to messing with the thermostats. he said that was normal and was a result of removing something from the thermostats.He wants to replace the water pump and says it is that or a bad sensor which is causing my engine to bog down and die.I hope I haven't confused you and would appreciate any help you can give me.

Back