Logo

Thermostat / bubble back exhaust

NitroB

I've got a '91 Evinrude 115hp, model TE115TLEIE. I've just changed the thermostats and ran it in the driveway on muffs. The two exhaust holes on the back of the motor under the engine cowling, the starboard side hole has water coming out of it and the portside hole does not. Should water come out of both holes? The temp with a heat gun on starboard side head reads 135f-140f, portside heat reads 138f-144f. Is this within range for running it in the driveway and what temp should they be? I tested the warning system and no overheating alarm is going off.

On the bubble back exhaust there's a hose fitting on the back of it that goes to where you see the tail tail sign to see the water discharge, the fitting that goes in the bubble back is dripping water. Can this be un-screwed and tightened some or it have to be taken out and use some kind of sealant or loctite so it doesn't leak?

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    513.4 KB · Views: 6
  • image1 (1).jpeg
    image1 (1).jpeg
    526 KB · Views: 6
I understand what you mean about the fitting now. Also, what about the exhaust holes, water coming out of one side and not the other. Motor was running at idle at 1500rpm when the water was coming out, is this okay?

Yes. Once temperature builds, there should be steam, smoke, water coming out of those holes. They're exhaust relief holes. Majority of the water comes out near the propeller.

Back