Logo

The nightmare is over Ibm buttoned up

bobct

Advanced Contributor
"I was sweating bullets, the 1

"I was sweating bullets, the 1st change didn't make any difference in the color of the oil. Of course I was thinking the worst....head gasket leak, botched intake manifold.

I knew that I got coolant into the engine when I pulled the intake, I just wasn't sure how much.

I kept getting it hot, shutting it down and changing the oil and filter. After the second change it looked normal. I did it one more time and then winterized. I'll do an early change in the spring after my first run.

I need to change caps/rotors/wires and might rebuild the carbs over the winter. I also need to rebuild or replace the RW pump that has play.

Mark, do you have an extra E35 pump that you are trying to sell? If so, can you shoot me an email - [email protected]

Other than that, everything is new (ex manifolds, risers/elbows, thermostats, coils, fuel pumps, all hoses, one intake manifold, RW impellers, belts, plugs) and both engines look pretty good too. I also have a good selection of spare parts for next year.

Thanks to everyone for helping me the past few weeks, this is a GREAT forum and you guys were a huge help. I'm happy to pass it on.

Bob"

Back