Logo

Thanks for all the advise

nightstalker

Regular Contributor
I just wanted to thank all of you for all the help and advise I received over the past 5 months since I bought my new (used) boat. Reading everything I can while searching the archives and asking questions, I've learned a lot about what makes those Crusaders tick and am pretty confident how to do basic trouble shooting. It may not seem like a real big deal, but having an idea of how they function and what to do if a problem occurs, makes cruising a lot more fun. The only problem I am having now, is watching the leaves change color and I figured out what that means all by myself.
Thanks Again
Nightstalker

..."The only problem I am having now, is watching the leaves change color "

Sadly, we ALL have that problem (except for those @$*`% people living way down South).

Jeff

My mother in law in Vermont said the leave are nearly all gone....by my house in NJ, we have had the largest drop of acorns I have ever seen after living in the same freakin place for 30 years. So of the dimples on the hod of my truck look like they were hit with driven golf balls. I don' t know if there is any truth to the old weather tales but if there is.... YEE HA! Watch out this winter

Jeff, My cousin lives in Miami... on the very few occasions he's come north in the fall, he wears a ski hat and down jacket in October when the rest of us finally enjoy a day without the A/C churning away.

NIght, I couldn't agree more

I've lived in CT. for 62 years and all that stuff about acorns is true. The only things happy about all those "golden bullets" are the squirrels and deer. I guess it's time to take out the 14 footer, retune the 9.9 Merc. and start thinking about Quack quacks.
Nightstalker

The acorns are so big and plentiful I have been sweeping the walk from the door to the car as it is like walking on a bed of marbles, Do you have a wild turkey problem there....my house at times, has 30 or 40 of them in the yard. Some of the toms are huge. While we occasionally see a buck here and there and a lot of does, 2 yrs ago the most amazing site....7 BIG bucks all 6 to 8 pointers and a 10 point non-typical all grazing about 6 feet from the grill

The acorns are so big and plentiful I have been sweeping the walk from the door to the car as it is like walking on a bed of marbles, Do you have a wild turkey problem there....my house at times, has 30 or 40 of them in the yard. Some of the toms are huge. While we occasionally see a buck here and there and a lot of does, 2 yrs ago the most amazing site....7 BIG bucks all 6 to 8 pointers and a 10 point non-typical all grazing about 6 feet from the grill
We have turkeys all over the place here. Used to be a pretty rare sight, but not now. We have a lot of deer and gobblers, but it would take several gazillion to put a dent in all those acorns.
Nightstalker

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!!! No acorns or 10 points, but what a great day for a boat ride. 75, sun, light wind, and blue water. We live and boat south of I-10. (Pensacola, FL.) 30gph is our norm. A trawler is in our sights.

What a nice gesture to thank all of the guys who helped you.... Kudos to you!:)

Here in Oregon, we are having some great, but unusually nice weather lately. It was almost 80* on Monday. I was very tempted to pack-in my chores, chuck the To-Do list, turn a blind eye to responsibilities....., and take the boat out. :D
However, I let the responsible side of me win!

Here's to happy and safe winterizing to all of us who are not so fortunate as to be far enough South!
patrick_irish_colors_01.jpg

Back