Logo

Test Prop Identification

jake3

Hello, new to forums, I believe I have a test wheel for an Evinrude/Johnson with the numbers 314230 cast on it and was wondering what yr, hp motor is it used for. I looked at some old spec sheets but cant seem to find info on this one. Did they change numbers on them for newer engines? Any help?
Thanks

Well it looks like it will " fit the propeller shaft " of 3 and 4 cylinder from say 1970 to current models.----I have a test wheel like that and remember it is marked for 70 HP.-----I have used it on bigger motors to provide a load.----Will not give accurate RPM values on bigger motors.----Factory manuals will give test wheel part # and a value such as ----387388 test wheel / minimum RPM of 5250.

Ok thanks for your reply, I have a 98 evinrude 90 hp and the book calls for #382861 test wheel. The part number above kinda looks like the one I need just not sure if it is correct. Can't find no info on it if it would work.

I believe that 382861 has a " casting number " 314230.-------Casting # and part # are not always the same.-----For a test prop one casting # can be machined for different applications / HP ratings.

Ok that's the only number cast on it. Just trying to see what the specs for it and what it will work with. Maybe it will work on my motor not sure though.

Well it looks like it will " fit the propeller shaft " of 3 and 4 cylinder from say 1970 to current models.----I have a test wheel like that and remember it is marked for 70 HP.-----I have used it on bigger motors to provide a load.----Will not give accurate RPM values on bigger motors.----Factory manuals will give test wheel part # and a value such as ----387388 test wheel / minimum RPM of 5250.
Thank you!!!

Back