Logo

Temperature light on

JRiley2222

Hello ok I was in the lilly pads for a minute or so with engine still running notice temperature light Was on an motor not pissing. Shut it off left motorup noticed lilly pads stuck in the screen by the propeller pulled them off and took anotherminute to start pissi g again how long can u run it for before damage would be done

With the light on the alarm should have been buzzing. Motor should have put itself into RPM reduction mode.

They will run for a while with the temperature light on without doing damage. Is the motor now peeing satisfactorily?

Some Yams will piss right away. Some take a while. Since we have no idea what model you have the motor taking a minute to pee might or might not be a problem.

Welcome. What motor do you have? Doesn't take long to damage an impeller. They are synthetic rubber, they are not as good as real latex impellers from years back. Impellers used to last 50 years....I have a 1954 Johnson 5.5 with it's original impeller. Use it every year. Once I change to a new impeller, I will likely get only 5 to 10 years out of each one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210407-091611~2.png
    Screenshot_20210407-091611~2.png
    563.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back