Logo

Telltale Pisser on 81 Johnson 140????

Where’s the pee hole??? Can someone send me a pic. I looked at the parts diagram but it’s not a specific location. My old 77 evinrude didn’t have one but I’m pretty sure this 81 140 does. I checked everywhere on the engine, and starting to wonder if previous owner just stuck a bolt in its place. Send pics of location!!!

There's a fitting on the back of the motor down where the block joins the exhaust housing. Somebody probably pluged it.

Model # of your 81 motor is ?-----On this site you find parts diagrams.----Fitting is item #22 that screws into item #51.----Easy to find with a few clicks on ------ENGINE DIAGRAMS----Above.

Racerone, model # j140tlcim. I looked at the parts diagram and you are correct, 22 goes into the exhaust cover 51. But my question is where? Which bolt was put in its place? Do you have a diagram or picture showing the location? Thank you!

It is at the bottom of cover 51 starboard side.----Should be obvious where it goes I think.----I do not post pictures.------That is above my pay grade here.-----I have to run my garden tiller so I can grow some food and maybe BARLEY.---Post picture of your cover #51.

Last edited:
Is that it???

Attachments

• 2E86CD61-C753-475C-BBD9-0F80DB5EA36D.jpg
    2E86CD61-C753-475C-BBD9-0F80DB5EA36D.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 30
Where’s the pee hole??? Can someone send me a pic. I looked at the parts diagram but it’s not a specific location. My old 77 evinrude didn’t have one but I’m pretty sure this 81 140 does. I checked everywhere on the engine, and starting to wonder if previous owner just stuck a bolt in its place. Send pics of location!!!

The parts diagrams on this site show its location ... look at the motor cover diagram and its its part #24

Scroll down the parts list and you will find a picture of the fitting

Look at the the cylinder and crankcase diagram and you will see the hose, #50, and fitting, #22, which connect to it

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/johnson-evinrude-parts.php?year=1981&hp=140&model=J140TLCIM

Last edited:
WOW, you guys are awesome. I go straight to the liquor store....no need to grow barley for me.....but I DO grow grapes. Or......maybe your talking about barley for soup?

Back