Logo

Tach again

"Looking at my manual, there s

"Looking at my manual, there should be two green leads coming from the coil itself and the red will be the "converted" DC power from the rectifier.

If you tap into the green, that should give you the signal you need for the Tach (typical of all Yamaha models).response from G.L. last year regarding where to hook up my tach

So i finally got a manual fro my engine and it says hook the signal wires from tach to the two green wires from the stator (which are the same ones on the rectifier) but do they want the signal wire and 12V wire or what bc the back of the tach only has a signal post, 12V post, and Ground post, so which two do you think they want?"

Good question. Why not try the

Good question. Why not try them with the motor running and see what works? Just touch the wire to the post and watch the tach. You can't hurt anything.

Jeff

PS: Is that really your name?

"haha, the clark part is, and

"haha, the clark part is, and the gable naturally came as a nickname.....

Im wondering if i run one of the greens to the signal post on the tach, then run the other green to power post on the tach, then ground it if that will work. Is the stator giving off power? and would it be enough to act as a 12V source for power for the tach?"

should only need to use one of

should only need to use one of the green wires for the feed and any 12v source and ground from under the dash.

"Well all is good finally! Ju

"Well all is good finally! Just as everyone told me, run to the green wire for signal, and then my 12V and Ground, well......i did....and majic it works! Thanks for the help!"

Back