Logo

synthetic blend 25w-40 oil

markic

25w-40 4 stroke oils, synthetic blend Outboard vs synthetic blend MerCruiser
Can anyone advise the difference between the Mercury outboard synthetic blend 25w-40 vs the MerCruiser synthetic blend 25w-40 oils??

I can only get the outboard synthetic blend at my merc dealer and was wondering if there were any issues using this in my 220 4.3L MPI mercruiser stern drive.

All 3, Outboard synthetic blend (858053k01), MerCruiser synthetic blend (858056k01), Mercruiser 25W-40 (858049k01, dyno) are 25W-40 and seem to meet the same specs and FC-W compliances.

I’m just chasing a bit better oil without going full synthetic so to setp up to a blend as my local merc dealer only has the synthetic blend outboard its my only option.

Thanks in advance for any replies.​

I can only get the outboard synthetic blend at my merc dealer and was wondering if there were any issues using this in my 220 4.3L MPI mercruiser stern drive.
The cost of full synthetic auto engine oil is less than Merc. engine oils when purchased by the quart. I used full synthetic 15W40 in cool weather and 15W50 Mobil 1 oil in the heat of summer in my 4.3L...it ran great.

Back