Logo

Suzuki or Yamaha (25hp long shaft with options)

gdrew

Hi All, new guy here...

Looking for help with a new purchase.

What I want...
25hp, 4 stroke, long shaft, tiller handle
Power Trim/Tilt
Electric start/pull start & charging

I'm currently compairing the 2023 Suzuki DF25ATHL with the 2023 Yamaha F25LWTHC.

I'm really wondering about the 3 cylinder Suzuki vs the 2 cylinder Yamaha. Which engine is best operating at a very slow troll speed for lake fishing?

I'm sure both engines are great at ripping around, also Yamaha is well known for being super dependable. The Suzuki is less expensive, has a better warrenty and comes with a fuel tank.

Thanks!

Hard question to answer, both manufacturers have a good product. If it was me trying to decide I’d be looking at which dealer has the best reputation for after sales service. Is one dealer always donating to local charities while the other isn’t, questions like that I’d be asking myself assuming they both have a good reputation as far as servicing their customers.

Hard question to answer, both manufacturers have a good product. If it was me trying to decide I’d be looking at which dealer has the best reputation for after sales service. Is one dealer always donating to local charities while the other isn’t, questions like that I’d be asking myself assuming they both have a good reputation as far as servicing their customers.
The three dealers I've been checking with sell both brands. I have no reason not to trust any of them for after sales service, and equally no reason to trust them, because I have never purchased new motors before and do all my own service.

Saw a fairly new Suzuki in the " scrap pile " the other day.----Good lower unit was sold.-----Apparently powerhead issues and not worth fixing.-----Might pick it up just for fun before snow flies.

Back