Logo

suzuki DT20 2001 no spark issue

Get the manual, it will have all the troubleshooting plus engine/electrical specifications you’ll need. I would suggest you check the battery terminals/connections, fuses,and all plugs. By checking I mean disconnect and clean to shiny. Any corrosion must be cleaned. Could be a faulty ignition switch, faulty kill switch and or corrosion. Old brittle wires that aren’t making a solid connection. I’m not familiar with the 2 stroke model, hence my suggestion to get a genuine Suzuki service manual. If you checkout boats.net you’ll see that your year isn’t listed on their parts page meaning Suzuki didn’t offer that model in the USA, parts will have to be sourced outside North America unless you hit the used market.
Worth reading, might or might not apply to you.

See post #2, the manual I refer to are less than $15 and will have the wiring schematic. It’s the best place I’ve found for genuine Suzuki service manuals.

still looking
Sorry to disagree,but I bought the manual, and there is nothing on a2001 dt20. I think this motor is an obsolete dud. I guess i'll have to scrap it.
If no fire to plugs, do you have power to coils?
If no power to coils, check output from magneto.
I am assuming you have checked the kill switch, and motor is in neutral?

Good luck, let us know what you find out.

Back