Logo

Suzuki DF60 Is this odd ? Prop engaged both ways in reverse & forward when in reverse position

MarkG

Hi,
I have a 2015 Suzuki 60HP four stroke. I only just noticed this and want to know if it is suppose to be as I've only just had the outboard serviced and the impeller replaced.

When Prop turned by hand.
Forward....prop turns engine hard one way and clicks the other.
Neutral....prop spins freely both ways, smooth as silk....
Reverse....prop engages engine hard both ways ???

Also, when I start the engine on water hose ears and engage the prop into forward gear at 800RPM, it makes a clicking noise but it disappears at 1400 RPM.

Should I be phoning my outboard dealer ?

Cheer’s and thanks for any advice.

Mark

Re: Suzuki DF60 Is this odd ? Prop engaged both ways in reverse & forward when in reverse position

If you have a Suzuki DF four stroke, I'd appreciate if you could run out and check your outboard gear positions to see if your prop does the same as mine. thanks.

Re: Suzuki DF60 Is this odd ? Prop engaged both ways in reverse & forward when in reverse position

All sounds normal and correct to me.

Hello racerone,
Can you confirm that the operation of the gear box is normal. The reason I ask is because it seems strange that the forward control position allows the prop to spin freely by hand in the reverse rotation, but yet when the gear shift is placed in reverse gear the rotation of the prop is under compression of the engine in both rotation directions which seems to be at odds to the forward gearing... Also the Outboard has only done 10 hours, most it on the end of a garden hose to keep it in good working order. Thank you

Why argue ?

Sorry, I wasn't aware I was. Just confirming your knowledge of this particular issue. Thanks for replying. No insult intended.

Back