Logo

SUZUKI DF40A

Hello,
I' m new here, so... Sorry to ask allready for Helô 😇

I have a Suzuki DF40A 2018 and i have this problem....
I Run a few, when i "ungear" sound One single beep and the motor stops. But if i star the ignition, it starts and run normaly.
If i go slow there are no problem, if i give speed for a few moments ( 40 or 50 deconds for instance) when i ungear.... The same.... One beep and shut dow...
Anyone can help me please ????

Suzuki’s will only allow the engine to rev up to 3000rpm when in neutral. Are you trying rev the engine past 3000rpms? I don’t think it’s supposed to shut down past 3000rpms just limit fuel and spark. As far as I know the engine will shut itself down if low oil pressure or overheat condition. I would not run the engine if you have low oil pressure or overheating condition.
When was the water pump last changed? How’s the oil level onthe dip stick?

From a 2009 DF90A owners manual.

IMG_5828.jpeg

Suzuki’s will only allow the engine to rev up to 3000rpm when in neutral. Are you trying rev the engine past 3000rpms? I don’t think it’s supposed to shut down past 3000rpms just limit fuel and spark. As far as I know the engine will shut itself down if low oil pressure or overheat condition. I would not run the engine if you have low oil pressure or overheating condition.

View attachment 30025

View attachment 30025
I Run Over 3000 no problem, but when i put in neutral it sound a single beep and shut dow.
I start and its works normal.....
Than after some navigation high rpm ( 4500 / 5000 ) when i stop the boat and put in neutral... The same beep and shut dow.
A friend tell me that it could be some problem on the "cut corrente device". ?!?!?!?!

I agree that the ECM(computer) is shutting down your engine.

Why is the ECM shutting the engine down?

How’s the oil level?
When was the water pump last changed?
Is the telltale peeing out water?
Are getting any codes on your tachometer?

Well,
This motor is a used, revisioned motor,
2 weeks on my boat, telltail is ok.
Oil LEVEL is ok.
Tachometer i will have to check ....
This week i will check to see.

That possibility "cut corrent" ... Out off question ??

transferir.jpeg

Sounds like this boat is new to you? Suzuki sells a maintenance kit specific to your engine, I would strongly suggest you buy one and install the parts that come with it. I’m GUESSING your engine might be overheating and shutting down. Replace the water pump that will be in the maintenance kit. Remember I’m GUESSING on an overheat.

I have no idea what the picture is above in post #9.

Back