Logo

Suzuki DF300 Water cooling System operation

Ampz101

This question stems from my previous question in regard to a broken plastic union (P/N 11591-93J11) in the oil pan. My 2012 DF300 (30002F-111000) has a broken plastic union in my oil pan. The now disconnected water line terminates at my crankcase according to my manual. When my engine is running water shoots from this union out of the oil pan on the port side of my engine and the typical place on the starboard side. My water pump is doing its job and the motor is peeing strong. My service manual is very vague on the cooling system operation. My boat is fairly new to me and I have never had an overheating condition while fishing or dragging the tube. One would assume that this pressurized waterline line is for cooling the crankcase and other components but I'm unsure if this is a closed-loop cooling system or independent. By Independent I mean the engine has two different paths at which water circulates/cools. Does anyone have any insight into the operation of this cooling system? Is it safe for me to continue to use the motor in this condition? Thanks for looking and helping if able!

Back