Logo

Strange alarm from ignition at idle

mikeWM

So my 2014 df60a is having this situation where if I'm at idle for more than 2-3 minutes a beep alarm will sound from the control box and it seems like 1 cylinder deactivates. I then have to shut off the motor for a bit and start her back up and she's fine. Sometimes it takes a few tries too which is unnerving in strong winds/ current. Any thoughts?

What are the warnings lights on the tachometer doing when beeping? I think the beeping is to alert you to look at the tachometer

Tiller? If so then you should have a light at the end of the tiller that will flash a code. If no tiller and no tachometer then you have no way of knowing what code the engine is throwing unless you purchase Suzuki’s SDS software and associated cables. If you are getting a code and the engine is going into fail safe mode in the link below on the right hand column anywhere “yes” is indicated your rpms will be limited to 3000rpm. Any reputable Suzuki dealer would be able to read the codes with the SDS software, Just reread the preamble above the codes in the link, states “When engine is not running, the buzzer sounds according to each code pattern, but not simultaneous with the lamp flash” Sounds like you can still get the code by deciphering the beeps. If you can figure out the code by the beeps then ignore everything I’ve typed above. I’ve never had a fail safe code thrown on my engine so I can’t go by personal experience. Good luck.

Back